Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday at the Library

I am writing this at home and then will post it Monday at the library after Adam’s orthodontic appointment. His mouth is such a mess, they wanted to see him six months after his first appointment. He loves the attention.

Dan is cleaning up the grout in the mudroom. Both rooms turned out great. I guess tomorrow we will put Alec’s bathroom back together. And finish painting the den. That is enough for one day, isn’t it? There is so much to get done. Next weekend will be the den floor.

Dan had to take apart the lawn mower—it was a mess. I think he got it all fixed except reverse isn’t working. He asked Alec how much he needed that. Yikes. Fortunately, we have a lot more weed than grass because our grass is about three feet high. No, seriously. We’ve been busy, what can I say? Our weedeater died, also. Need to buy a new one of those. Always something.

We moved the turkeys into the buck pen. Not sure why that seemed like a good idea but it did. Then it rained and they made no effort to go under the shelter. Then it got cold. I think we lost five.

We are trying just letting the bucks loose. There is so much brush on their side of the land, I am thinking they will stay away from the berries.

Speaking of berries, we ate some of our strawberries today. I am so excited for the blueberries. There are a million of them. That will be grand. We started putting down some cardboard around the artichokes to prevent weeds. I am so tired of weeds. We need to mulch better. Life is too short to weed so much.

No comments: