
Adam made me this for Mother's Day. I had to spend the evening in my bedroom last night, as he made it on the kitchen counter and didn't want me to see it. The funny part of the picture is that at the very bottom you can see something orange. That would be my belly!!
Alec and Dan gave me a Magnolia tree! Ev gave me a hibiscus and Ad and Ian gave me various flowering things. After breakfast we will go to plant it all. Actually, I will sit under a tree and give directions. And speaking of hibiscus, Adam's hibiscus we brought down from Wisconsin is finally growing. We were sure it had croaked.
Dan has to put the trim back up and then I will have them haul everything back into the craft room. The floor looks great--I can't believe how quickly he knocked it together yesterday.
We had the funniest talk at dinner last night. Did I tell you about how the younger three planned to go to Mars in twenty years? Well, they all agreed it was not right to go on such a dangerous mission when one has a family to take care of, so they decided they needed to wait to get married until they got back. Adam finally decided he couldn't wait that long to get married, so he bailed out of the trip. He wants to be married when he is 20 (fine with me, as long as he can support a family). They tried to recruit Alec, but he is too old to join the fun.
Then the conversation turned to Adam's career. He wanted to be a doctor but decided he didn't want to wash his hands that much so he would become a cook. We explained that cooks have to wash their hands a lot, also. Then he thought he would be a baker. I explained bakers have to get up really early. So, now he is looking for a job where you don't have to wash your hands too much and can get up at 7:00. Funny, funny kid. We were trying to convince him he would be a great architect, as he really would. At his age, Alec was sure he'd be a pastor. That plan has long past.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment