Monday, May 25, 2009

Doesn't Feel Like Monday

The kittens seem ok, except Beulah has been putting them in her mouth to play. Reminds me of a King Kong movie.

Happy Birthday to Laura up in Eau Claire. This was my mother's birthday, too. She would have been 70 today, had she not chosen the bottle over life. No, I'm not bitter. Really.

Still finishing up the den. Dan did a lot, but I got an amazingly small amount of work done this weekend. Decided to give Facebook another try. I signed off in the fall--I was learning waaaay too much about people and there was so much ugliness during the election. But, I had fun this weekend finding old friends. Talked on the phone to a gal I worked with at the Neurosurgeons way back in the early 90's. She moved down to Texas because she got some ailment that made her hands unable to move when she got cold. She also has narcolepsy and she told me she now takes the date-rape drug at night and it has improved her life tremendously. She said the prescription costs $2,000 a month and she has to keep it locked up in her house. She is something else.

I signed up to judge a speech round at the competition Crazy Margie is coming down for--aren't I high falutin'?? Actually, they need 900 judges, so they probably aren't picky.

No comments: