Friday, May 29, 2009

Complain, Complain, Complain

I have to admit, I haven't been outside a lot this last week. The boys feed the animals in the morning and evening. Dan helps sometimes. We used to all go out, but Dan is busy working inside and I am pathetic. Last night, the younger three were going to take care of it, as Alec was helping Dan. I thought they could handle it and they were doing a fine job, but here's what happened:


First, they ran in because one of the goats, named Sally, got out and onto the neighbor's land. We have never had a problem with goats getting out before, but it has been a problem here, lately. We all went out to get her and help them finish up. I realized the wire on the goat's door has a big hole in it--Dan said the boys had told him the other day but her forgot. That wasn't how she got out, but it needed fixing. Dan fixed that, Ian filled in the hole she crawled through. Turned out a buck had gotten out and tried to work his way into the girls and hence, the fence hole.


Then I was petting Nellie, the dog, and realized she had an eye infection. For goodness sake. I am trying colloidal silver for it. Then I realized someone has been stomping on my garlic, which is one of the few things I seem to be able to grow. ARGH!

To further complain, Alec has a terrible rash from the last time he was cutting brush. He has done it several times and been fine but he is a mess now. I am using my normal stuff to alleviate the itching but he is getting really frustrated. He wants to go to the doctor, but I am guessing they would want to put him on steroids and I am not going for that.

Had the computer company call this morning. I was having a techno-dork problem with the phone and hung up on the guy. He called later and complained about it and said he had planned to cancel my computer order. Dingbat. I told him to knock it off--I placed my order and paid for it so make my computer already. Then he wanted my middle name. I told him he didn't need my middle name to make a computer so just do it. I am getting grumpy in my old age. So, some guy in Pakistan doesn't like me now. Oh, actually, that probably isn't good these days.

I think that is all the griping I will do today.

No comments: