Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Birthday Eve

Dan got a lot done this weekend. By the end of the week, my lower level should look normal. It feels so nice to be in a room that is put together.

Some short people and I are running errands to get food stuff for Ian's birthday. And some electronic devices from Goodwill. We are giving him a bunch of old things, like the cell phones I washed and old clocks and radios and then tools with which to take them apart. He likes that. Got him some books Alec found and the movie Bolt and an ant farm. He wants to go bowling and to Cracker Barrel. Wants me to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast--I really do make fabulous ones. Wants a cake with Bavarian Cream filling.

We don't do birthday parties, so I don't have all that to deal with. The last one we had was when he was five. We invited a few church families and ended up with about 20 kids. The other parents all told me they didn't do parties. I was all like, "That's allowed????" And since then we stopped having parties with other people's kids. And it works just fine for us.

Found my librarian from Boyceville on facebook. You know you are a nerd when you want to be FB friends with your former librarian.

No comments: