Sunday, March 8, 2009

Turning 41 is Easier Than Turning 40

Had a lovely birthday. Got a neat card from Laura, who has the cool craft room--she is certainly talented. Crazy Margie sent me the funniest card ever. It had a vacuum cleaner on it and said on the front, "A birthday is like a vacuum cleaner. It's just there and then it sucks. And when it's not sucking it's there waiting to suck." On the inside it said, "Sorry--next birthday I'll get you one of those cards with a rainbow on it." Now THAT is funny.

Dan got me a GPS! How totally appropriate is that?? I think this is going to help a lot. The kids got me various chocolates and socks and the like. We went to Outback for dinner and I ate like a horse whose belly is not sharing space with a baby.

Had a good long talk with my pal Debbie, from high school. She has girls, so she has to help me through this.

Church was funny, in that they couldn't get the front door open for quite awhile. Bet you've never had that happen at your church! Noticed a messianic church set up shop down the strip mall from us.

There is another gal at church who is pregnant and has babies at home. We have talked a lot about it but for some reason today she asked who my midwife was. Turned out she used my gal a few babies ago and had some issues with her. Didn't use her again. I really don't know what we are going to do.

I got a book called Emergency Childbirth. It was written in the 1950's. The funniest part was the advice to boil water, in case tools need sterilizing. He said even if you don't need to sterilize stuff, keep the water boiling because someone will probably want coffee when it is all over. Now, THAT is practical.

No comments: