Did you miss me? Did you notice I was gone? Here are random thoughts from the week.
A checker at Sam's Club assumed I was on welfare. Do I look like a welfare mother? Seriously, do I?
There was a little boy who wandered from his house and drowned in a river early in the week. On the news they were explaining why regular people could not come help in the search. The sheriff explained, "These people are professionals; they have (I swear he said this) VESTS and FLASHLIGHTS." Ok, that just follows along with my thinking of what is wrong with this country. Only "trained" people getting paid can walk through the woods to look for a missing kid. And their training apparently includes how to put on vests and use a flashlight.
I was watching something about that actress who died after hitting her head while skiing. They transported her to Sacre Coeur Hospital in Quebec. My great aunt (who was a nun) worked at that hospital as a nurse anesthetist back in the 1900's. I am not even sure how I know that.
I have two friends dealing with painful infections in their fingers. Guys, plantain poultices and eat tons of garlic. And soak in Epsom salt. Take some echinacea. And update me.
Dan finished the fence for the goats. We are going to move them in there today and then stick the dogs in the bucks' pen for now. We will start putting the puppies outside in the kennel during the day. They are starting to walk, their eyes are opened and they are big and fat. Mama kitty is pregnant and I think Willow the goat is also. We have been letting the chickens out in their run, even thought it isn't the most secure place. Need to work on that fencing also. The work never ends.
There was an ad on Craigslist today for a free tractor. You just had to buy a $7,500 bic lighter and they threw in the tractor for free.
We are going to Kings Mountain National Military Park, just over the border in North Carolina for Field Trip Friday.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Nice to see you back. I missed you.
Post a Comment