This work in the morning, rest in the afternoon idea is a winner. It makes no sense for me to try to accomplish anything in the afternoon. I just become a zombie. Like right now.
Yesterday, Alec painted the mudroom for me--everyone seems to like the color. I ran some errands--can't even remember where I went. I picked a lilac color for the laundry room/soon to be nursery. Adam told me it was much too blue. Apparently the kid has an eye for color. I wanted it a really light purple--will have to try again. I love those little tiny paint sample cans you can buy these days.
This morning, Dan did some chores for me (putting up Alec's curtain rod and putting together a table) and then I had the bright idea to put some cardboard up around the sides of the deck and bring the puppies up there, so he did that, also. They will get much more attention now. What I guess is supposed to be my font door is on the side of the house with a nice sized deck and then a small porch goes along the front of the house the length of the living room. There are two sliding glass doors along that porch--that is where the pups are so we can look outside and watch them. They are cute.
Dan is at that robot competition with Alec, Ian and Evan. Addie didn't want to go. That is ok, because he is the hardest worker. I was cleaning up the den and he just, on his own, got the broom and mop and swept and mopped the floor for me. Did some work in Alec's room, but started to crash. I just don't fight it anymore. Am posting this and then napping. Later, I'll finish some things in Al's room and then try to get the craft room in order. I have everything in there, but it isn't very organized. Baby steps. I will make it presentable for now and work on making it functional later.
This week is all about getting the house neat enough to not be embarrassed to have people over. Then we will get back to painting and the like. I think Alec's bathroom will be next for a paint job.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment