Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Down to Nine

Two pups died over night. I do not know why I go from an animal liker to a bleeding heart mushy twit around mama and baby animals. These two were both brown ones (there were only three browns!) and mama wasn't taking care of them. They were clearly on their way out, so I took them up stairs and resorted to feeding them with a dropper. I got up about 1:00 to feed them again and one had died but the other was ok. Then the other one gave up later. I felt like such an idiot. There is another one she seems to be pushing away and he is on his own. Why would I try to hard to save these little things when the world does need them anyway?

I did get an email from a gal on my homeschool loop who might want one or two. That would be grand.

I spent an hour this morning cleaning up the mud room, where they are staying. If you read this, husband, I strongly suggest you notice how nice it looks when you come home.

Dan is going to a meeting at church about how to proceed without the elder who left.

My basset hound barks constantly. How did I end up with so many dogs? I really am not a dog person. But I have thirteen on my premises right now. That is so wrong.

Dan went back to work today to take a break from the fence work! Tomorrow I think he is going to get the post hole digger.

I am still working in the den.

No comments: