Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Didn't I Just Wake Up?

Someone just asked me what is for dinner. Didn't I just get out of bed? Got up and cleaned up and then had to take off to go get Lily's shots. I broke them up so she doesn't get so many at once but that means she gets them every month. Goodness. She handled it well.

In the meantime, Dan and the boys went to the mall to buy me gifts. Love that. I took Lily to get our New Year's Eve roast and lobster. To make a long story short, the butcher told me it would cost $3 more per pound to get it cut to the large size I wanted. He wanted me to buy up several smaller ones. Told him I'd rather pay more and have what I wanted (right now Crazy Margie is not only gasping I was willing to pay three dollars more per pound for meat, she is shocked I would pay three dollars a pound for meat, period. Just kidding, Marg.) I have a huge roast in my freezer and two live lobsters. Going to try to make Yorkshire pudding to go with it and who knows what else. Alec is unwrapping the roast now, as we are going to try dry-aging it, like Alton Brown taught us to do.

Got home and decided to go down to Anderson to the Ulta store. They have those in Denver, but I haven't been in one is years. They sell make-up. Some high end and some low end. Lily was in love with the young little gal who helped me. She was so pretty, but she just had a TON of make-up on. Oh, to realize when you are that young and pretty, you don't need all that. Kind of sad.

THEN we went to the milk store. And home. And tired. And many hours later. Dan got all the wall tile done and will do the floor today. I have to grade school and, apparently, make dinner.

Just a note on cheese curds for FFN. I have found if you forget the milk on the stove and it gets twenty degrees hotter than it should, it still works well. I do that a lot. Also, I just tried again to make them with pasteurized milk. It failed again. I have made several successful batches with raw milk, and I am not sure if it is the pasteurized part or the homogenized part that messes it up.

No comments: