Friday, November 6, 2009

Too Much

Taking a break from building my IKEA desk. I was holding Lil while working on it and I messed part of it up. Grrr...

Ok, this is the too much part. Did I ever tell you about our crazy Apostolic friends from Menomonie? They are such nice people but they are nuts. He was the pastor of a tiny little church. Last we had heard, they felt led to move from Menomonie and the entire church was moving to wherever he decided to go. Freaked us out. The birth announcement I sent them got returned with no forwarding address. FFN took it down the road from her to his nephew's house and our friend was actually there.

Long story short, turned out he had refinanced his home at some point and it soon after was foreclosed on because he wasn't paying the mortgage. They ended up north of Green Bay and he has no employment at this point. Have no idea how he is supporting his SEVEN kids. They are not like FFN's family, who could probably live out in the wilderness. Most of the church didn't follow him--just his nephew's family and some single guy.

That is the sad part but not the crazy part. Today, in the mail, we received a booklet he wrote on how to have a strong Christian family. Nothing wrong with that, but I start reading about how you need to stay out of debt, including mortgages and USES HIMSELF AS AN EXAMPLE!!! OH MY GOODENSS. He says he got rid of two houses and now rents and is so much better off financially. Good grief, the bank took his house, he is unemployed and I can't imagine he could get a mortgage if he tried. Gee, I wonder why people think Christians are a bunch of hypocrites. TOO MUCH.

No comments: