Thursday, November 26, 2009

Birthday and Thanksgiving

Spent five hours in the van yesterday for Ad's b-day. Two hours to Charlotte to the Discovery Place and three hours home in traffic. Yuck. Got him an Mp3 player so he can listen to all his Jonathon Parks and Narnia and Patch the Pirate stories. Also got him a nice tape measure and a rubber band ball. Evan set up a great treasure hunt for him. I was really impressed with what he put together. He is one smart little kid. For pleasure he is reading Ian's fifth grade Astronomy textbook. He also likes reading Alec's survival handbooks. Six years old. Funny, funny kid.

Today, Dan and Alec hunted again and then came home so Dan could fry the turkey. Makes Thanksgiving a lot easier for me! Made gravy out of some broth I canned a few month ago. Ian put the ingredients for the rolls in the bread machine. During that process he somehow managed to get butter on my new valance on the other side of the room, far far away from anything he needed. Not sure how he managed it.

Ian made an arrow out of bamboo, chicken feathers and a rock. It actually went into the target--we played archery for a bit after dinner. Adam can do it pretty well all by himself now.

I emptied the armoire that is my pantry out after dinner so Dan could take the feet off of it because it was too tall and then put it back in the kitchen. Now I get to put it all back in a nice orderly fashion tomorrow. Woohoo. They are going to hunt all day tomorrow, so I will try to finish stuff in the kitchen. I can put the desk and bookshelves back in, also, if I have time.

No comments: