Sunday, November 8, 2009

Busy Not Getting Sick

Lily's second trip to scrapbooking wasn't much better than her first. Drat. I spent a lot of time holding her and scrapping with one hand. It was still nice to get out with the ladies. There is one gal who needs a funny blog name. Will work on that. She is very gregarious. Anyway, after holding Lily she mentioned everyone at her house was sick. Then she mentioned she was getting a headache. Great. As we were leaving, she said she wanted to give me a kiss goodbye--thankfully there were a bunch of people between us. The funny thing is she was a nurse for years. Didn't dawn on her to NOT hold a baby when everyone in the house she just left was sick. Goodness.

They got about ten gallons of honey. It is really dark. Maybe I will post some pics. Not sure if we will sell any or what. Since we sold so much last time, I had to actually buy it this last year. Really hoping these little bees survive the winter so we don't have to invest in more next year. They are getting expensive!

I woke up with a mild headache and general feeling of unwellness. Decided I was just laying low and taking some elderberry and echinacea and hoping it passes. I know I ought to take some garlic, but honestly, it makes you stink so much, I hate taking it. I had panned to do Walmart shopping today and Dan actually offered to do it with the kids. All the kids. That's FIVE kids. And Lily is one of them.

At scrapping, we got to talking about hair coloring. This has been on my mind lately. I am getting little gray hairs all over and am trying to decide if it is time to start highlighting or if I am going to go gray. Seriously, you would not believe how much thought I have put into this. Because I know what a pain it is to grow it out if I change my mind. And, if I do color it, am I being too vain? Ok, back to the scrappers--one of the teachers was saying how she has noted how the younger teachers seem to have no respect for the gray haired older teachers. Like they just write them off. She is in her fifties and colors her hair. Isn't that sad to hear about the younger women?

No comments: