Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sugarcane!

Wow, I think it is so cool I found sugar cane in the grocery store. I had to buy some, but I am not sure what to do with it. But I own it.

That was the fun part of tonight. The not fun part was I went, with Alec, to a presentation the local AAA gave about getting driver's licenses. It was intended for 13 and 14 year old kids. Good gracious, it was so depressing. The assumption was parents are uninvolved idiots and teens have no sense and no respect for their parents. I suppose it was good for Alec to experience it, but it was so sad. The guy teaching it didn't know his ear from a hole in the ground. He was talking about how he is working on passing a law against texting while driving. Hey dingbat, there are already laws against distracted driving. We don't need more laws. He has a 13 year old daughter who already has no respect for him. He knew it and shared it with us like it was normal. Is that normal?? I feel so bad to hear how some people choose to live. I felt like crying afterwards. Not even sure why, exactly.

Anyway, had some good talk with Alec afterwards.

Realized at 11:00 we had an ortho appointment for Adam and Ian at 9:30. MAN, THAT IS EMBARRASSING!! This is the second time I have missed an ortho appt!!! That is horrible. I don't do that!! Except, apparently, YES I DO!! We are going tomorrow at 1:30. Don't let me forget!

The Lutheran Floridian gave me two big boxes of clothes for Lily! What a blessing. Her daughter is almost three. I went to a yoga class with her at her gym last night. It felt good. It was a nice gym. Made me want to join. I guess I could if I could figure out a time to go. I have belonged to a few gyms. I actually go when I belong, believe it or not.

No comments: