Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ants Love Goat Poop

Read today less than 2% of American family households have seven or more members. Huh.

Still working on mulching around strawberries. Our afternoons don't always play out the way I'd like so working outside doesn't always happen. I had a pile of goat poop I was letting mellow; when I looked at it today it was covered with fire ants. You usually don't see fire ants unless you disturb their homes. Weird.

Dan and Alec are at the shooting range right now. Did I mention I really really hope Alec is able to get a deer Saturday? I have my bible study tonight--the only one this month. Dan has the bee keepers' meeting tonight. They have awesome door prizes, like packages of bees! They are supposed to talk about soap making tonight. I will take Lil and Alec will babysit the boys.

Seeds of Change seed catalog came today. Isn't that crazy?!

We got over four inches of rain and wild wind from the hurricane remnants, by the way.

No comments: