Monday, November 2, 2009

Back from Vacation, Kind Of

Took the kids to see Ken Ham this morning. Man, he has an important ministry. www.answersingenesis.com . The first session was for elementary school kids and the later one was for junior high and high school. He has lots of graphics which keep the kids interested. For instance, he showed a picture of a fossilized hat from the 1800's. Huh, guess it doesn't really take millions of years to make a fossil. We saw a few kids from the church we used to go to but I was surprised there weren't more home schoolers there. I think just Alec and I are going back for the last session tonight.

I put a pair of stockings on Lily for the first time. I really don't like little girls in dressed because they always seem to end up hiked up, showing their bums. Anyway, I had her wear the pink and white dress from her pictures and put some stockings on. Still can't keep shoes on her feet so she just had a little pair of socks on over. She had a bow in her hair--she looked quite precious, despite the boogers flowing out of her nose.

Sent the kids out to play after quite time. Noted they are in the front yard. Alec came back in quick so I asked why they can't play in the 4.5 acre fenced in yard. He said Nellie, the little dog, jumps all over them. That just isn't going to work. I am not providing all that land for dogs and not kids. Yeah, I could maybe teach the dog to not jump, but you and I both know that is not going to happen.

Tomorrow will be our first real school day. Bowling in the afternoon. Only three more of those left. Did I mention I agreed to take that over for the spring session? Not sure how that will play out. Haven't been in charge of anything for some time.

No comments: