Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tomorrow is WHAT??

People keep wishing me a happy T-day and it always catches me off guard. I have been so caught up in the house and then the pregnancy and then the birthdays. Tomorrow is an afterthought. I am not a big celebrator of holidays, except birthdays, anyway. I will make the whole grand meal, though. Dan likes it.

To have a home birth is South Carolina you have to see an MD once at the beginning and once at the end of the pregnancy. My midwife gave me the name of a few docs. One was in Georgia and one was in North Carolina. Now, I am close to both borders, but is still seemed weird to have to cross the border. A gal in my town would not see me so I went to Greer, which is about 45 minutes northeast, to see a male MD. He works with some local birth centers. It was weird; he was the only physician in a small office. He actually took my blood himself. All went smoothly. He is setting up an ultrasound for me to check the baby's age because according to my last period I would be at ten weeks, but neither he nor I think that is correct. Margie doesn't think so, either. Hopefully, that will get set up soon and we can know where we are at. I gave him a list of my cycle lengths for the last year (crazy--55 days, 85 days, 44 days, 30 days, 90 days, etc). He told me he was amazed I was pregnant. Yeah. No kidding.

We haven't made much progress on the house. Dan put primer on everything in Ad and Ev's rooms. He said me might paint ceilings tonight.

I need a nap.

No comments: