So, what's everyone doing today? The old guy is making pancakes now and we'll eat the bird about 2:00. We aren't too exciting--we have turkey, potatoes, some sweet potato concoction (no marshmallows!), rolls, corn. Pumpkin and Pecan pies. Nothing wild. I think Dan is working on painting trim today. I can't believe by the end of the weekend, we (we as in Dan) can't get the little boys' bedrooms painted. Then next week we can look for some carpet. I am bummed about black Friday. I have so much shopping to do but I can't go out on that day. I saw Kohl's opens at 4 am. Goodness. I can't be part of the madness. If that is your cup of tea, more power to you, but not for me.
Need to talk about something that is driving me nuts. I hate it when people say to me, "Oh, maybe this time you'll get your girl!" as if that is what I am living for. Both the midwife and the doc I saw had multiple boys before having a girl and they both commented on this. It drives me crazy. We've never tried for a girl. We've laughed a lot about having another boy but we've never been sad when one came. We have never had a conversation about hoping the next one would be a girl. I can't imagine being the last boy in one of those families and knowing my parents really didn't want me but someone with different "parts." It drives me crazy when people even hope I have a girl. OK????
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment