Sunday, November 23, 2008

Now Everyone Knows

I had really hoped to wait awhile to tell the kids about the baby, but I already feel so terrible, I thought I needed to explain it to them. I can't believe how anxious I was. Alec was not at all excited to hear Evan was coming and when he found out Adam was a boy and not a girl he really had a fit in the ultrasound room (of course, he was about six years old and was in the midst of dealing with Ian as a toddler so I give him a break for that).

Adam and Ian were the most excited. I knew Ian would be. He always has loved babies. Adam got choked up and gave me a hug. He was just over a year when we found out Evan was coming so this is really his first time with this. Evan was happy, but thought I was kidding. He is excited to be a big brother and not the baby anymore. Alec seems pretty happy but very shocked. He said it was a bigger news than the move. He has dealt with a lot lately. I think he is happy, but he is at a hard time in life, anyway.

Dan thinks we are having a girl. I assume we are having a boy. The thing is, he has always been right about the sex and I have always been wrong, so who knows. Alec is anxious to find out.

No comments: