Decided to end the blog about the move. Quickly realized I am dependant on my own blog to remind me when things happen. I even keep track of my school days on here. I guess I have to blog. I suppose it is ok--nobody else has to read it.
Going through culture shock. I have to pay attention to what people say much more to understand what they are saying between the twangs. They sure move slower down here. Nobody seems to be in a hurry. It took the guy four hours to set up our satellite yesterday.
Adam only had three teeth pulled today. The dentist wanted to wait until after the orthodontist saw him to decide about the other two. Ad came through like a champ. Didn't phase him. Of course, it is a pediatric dentist (read: TV in every room). I think my kids could have open heart surgery without anesthesia as long as they could hold the remote.
I haven't painted anything for days. I have to pick out Evan's paint colors and then will go pick all the paint up. I have a percentage-off coupon, so I want to get a lot in one trip. I think we are going to use a couple of grey colors and make some bricks here and there to sort of look like the inside of a castle. Have been toying with the idea of painting a whole wall with chalkboard paint. Can't decide if he will use it for enough years, considering he is already five, and if it will be too dark. Oh, decisions.
I got a call from an old friend today. She lives about two hours from me. She used to clean our house when I was young--she is in her 80's now. We will go down and visit her before too long. What a blessing to hear from a friend.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment