Wednesday, August 12, 2009

She's Here!

Picked up FFN last night at a place that sold all things peach--got some white peaches from Georgia nobody is impressed with and some peach cider. That is great, but I realized it has added sugar. Bought some fig jam also, to see if that is worth making from my figs.

We were going in somewhere for a quick dinner, but I nursed Lil first in the car. As I was finishing, I noted she had a total blow out diaper. I had two diapers, six wipes and no changes of clothes. We laughed so hard as we tried to clean it up and find something she could wear so she didn't need to be naked all the way home.

She brought us a bag of goodies that was so fun to open--she made a blanket that says "Miss Lil" on it. How cute is that? She brought pictures of the old place to show us the things they and the new owners have done. We looked at those today and are working on cheese curds--those take quite a few hours. I want her to show me how she makes mozzarella also and then we are going to try to make ricotta from the whey. With her toddler and Lily, nothing happens quickly. Lil is in a cycle of eating, sleeping for 45 minutes or so and then waking up and screaming and wanting to start all over again. I wanted to post on here all day, but she didn't sleep long enough to accomplish anything and then have time to blog.

Have yet to decide what is happening tomorrow.

No comments: