Sunday, August 16, 2009

Off They Go

Dan, Ian and Adam left at six this morning to take the northerners home--well, at least to the Atlanta airport. I am telling you, I know there is a family up north who is going to appreciate their mama sooooo much more after this week. She had never left them before and I know they suffered while we got to enjoy her. She had brought her toddler with her, who did very well, considering she was in a strange house with strange people and without all her siblings. She is the smartest toddler I have ever seen.

Fifteen chickens and six turkeys are in the freezer. We are down to eight hens, one rooster and a pair of turkeys. Fewer than I'd like, but just what we need.

So, pies, cheese, soda pop and poultry were our accomplishments this week. And lots of talking. We have a couple of social engagements this week and plan to solidify the schedule. I think I have it all figured out now and the kids seems to be happy with it. Yesterday at 2:00 Evan announced it was time for him to do the computer because it was on his schedule. Never mind it was Saturday and that was the first thing he decided to do on his schedule all day. Don't argue with the schedule. Goof.

My back muscles are so sore from nursing in poor positions. Ouch. Lily has figured out how to poop like a normal child now. Wonder why it took so long.

Going to take the people I have here out to breakfast.

No comments: