Thursday, April 16, 2009

Survived

I was just telling Dan tonight that it seems like the more I dread a situation, the better it seems to go. Our day in Atlanta went well. Never got lost (LOVE the GPS), the kids liked the exhibits and made it home in one piece. I am soooooo done with field trips for a long time, all the same.

The boys let the dogs out in the yard this morning. At breakfast someone shouted, "Nellie! Chickens!" The kids went out running ( I can't imagine what would make me run in my state) and I realized Nellie was actually IN the coop. Not sure if a certain child didn't close the door or she jumped up and got it open. Nobody seemed hurt and got a chicken back in who got out.

Then, when Dan came home, he found a chicken in the alcove, which is on the front of the house--a long way and a fence from the coop. Next, he found Brody with a dead Aracauna. I am trying to convince him Brody didn't do the deed (I think Nellie is more likely the one). Anyway, he was mad. I think this weekend, we have to work on a new chicken run. Goodness.

Mama Kitty finally delivered four kittens while we were gone. I was sure I closed the boys' bedrooms but she delivered in Evan's Ikea tunnel. We have her in my never-gets-used tub. Two are all black and two and black and splotchy, like mama. That makes me happy.

No comments: