My second child is having a lot of oops moments. This morning he couldn't fit the OJ pitcher where he wanted to so he thought to put it on its SIDE! Yes--there was an OJ mess to be cleaned-- and of course it happened when I was on the pot!
We were, later, coming home from buying some honey (the first time in almost a decade I have had to purchase honey). We bought it in glass quart jars. The little man dropped one right at the door. Fortunately on the outside part and not inside. So I had sticky, broken glass. It took me a minute to even figure out how to clean it up.
At lunch, he was holding the glass gallon jug of cider and I made it clear I wasn't up for another spill. He, and the cider, survived.
My garden looks terrible. I planted some spinach in January that was growing very, very slowly--I just realized yesterday it had already bolted! Good grief. Peas and beans are up, a little bit of corn is up, but the tomatoes and peppers look terrible. I have started those plants from seed several times--it ain't rocket science. These ones never looked really vigorous. I had them outside in peat pots for probably a month before they went in the ground, but you can hardly even find them, they are such pathetic little things. It is probably a good thing because I don't really see myself doing a ton of canning this July or August, but failing feels yucky. I have to laugh at how big a garden I had planned to harvest right about the time I was due to have a baby. We need to get the soil tested. I suppose some people do that before they start a garden, but that would make too much sense for me to do so.
I should say, though, that the berries we planted are doing well, I think the artichoke is going to make it and the asparagus is up. Haven't been a total failure.
My baby was going between kick boxing and Riverdancing yesterday. She bopped around in there all day. Maybe have gained a pound or so, blood pressure is good--all the other junk is fine. Still am frustrated over the hormone-induced emotional roller coaster. This morning I felt so overwhelmed and was in tears over absolutely nothing at one point. I soooo hate being a woman at those moments.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment