Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gobble, Gobble

Got a call at 5:15 this morning that the turkeys were at the post office. I was amazingly awake, so I went to get them before Dan went to work. They were all healthy and perky. They are starting out in a plastic kiddy pool in the garage. Then they will move to the dog kennel, when it is free and finally, I think they are going to move in with the goats. I think they will pick on the chickens, so they need their own home.

The boys enjoyed their day in Columbia. They tour the capitol and the governor's house. Evan asked me how long he has to wait before he can go--it is a yearly event. Told him about five more years. Dan got me a neat mug with the SC flag on it at the gift shop.

We got a ton of work done in the house yesterday. Got the wind knocked out of my sails, though, because the guests we were expecting Friday had to cancel. The threat of someone else actually seeing my house was what was keeping me going. I still managed to get everything accomplished I had planned, somehow. Today is supposed to be cleaning the upstairs bedrooms--we'll see how far we get. When the whole house is clean at the same time, we will have a moment of silence.

I was sure mama kitty was going to go sooner than this--I saw her having a contraction the other day. Ian told me my original guess was for tomorrow, so I might still get to claim I guessed it.

No comments: