Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Catch Up

Dan is out working on the fence. He has posts in along three borders and is getting the fencing on them. We will use a fancier fencing for other parts, which will take a lot longer.

There is always so much to do. We need to put up better chicken runs for the chickies. We need a milking stand. And then there is all that indoor stuff.

There is a frost advisory for Monday and Tuesday nights and then I am putting out the rest of my plants.

The goat (Mabel) is milking ok. She doesn't want to be caught so we had to tether her for awhile until she will come at milking time. The little boys and I could not catch her yesterday morning.

The bees are here and Dan already has two stings. Either tonight or tomorrow we need to do some work on the goats. We are slowly chopping off horns and they are all due for another clip. Mable's hooves are horrendous. They need to be trimmed. We also need to trim the hair on her belly so it doesn't fall in her milk. Willow need some attention, as she has some kind of skin issue. I am still formulating my plan for her.

STILL no kittens. Come on, mama kitty. I want kittens.

No comments: