Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pup Confusion, Paint, a Really Clean House and a Snake

Oh, where to start? Took a meal to a mom from the church, last night, who just had a baby. She has five kids under eight and lives in a two bedroom apartment off the back of a big garage. The place was SPOTLESS. And sparse. Oh, Margie, you would have loved it. There was hardly any stuff and it was all new and clean. Fabulous.

She has had all her kids at home. This one came so quick, the midwife didn't make it. She said it was great--dad caught. The cord was around the neck, but he just told her to stop pushing a minute and fixed it and that was that. Baby was beautiful. They are those Finnish Apostolic Lutherans from up north. She asked me about church so we talked about the handling of the pervert a little. They are thinking of leaving because of it, also.

Ian came in this morning to tell me the pup whose has been chosen lost her collar. The problem is we now have no idea which one she is. Emailed the gal and asked she send one of the pictures she took so we could figure it out. This would just be funny, but I was going to take the other ones to the shelter today, as they think they can place them. I have had no other interest in them. Now I have to wait to confirm I am not giving away Toph, as she has been named.

I started taking the popcorn off my bedroom ceiling. That makes a grand mess. As soon as the fence is done (He is taking off tomorrow and should finish it), all focus is going into our bedroom so it is ready when the furniture arrives. I am painting it a really light, airy blue. Got a sample of the color I thought I was going with but now I am not sure. I think I picked the kitchen color. I am not sure why I am having such a hard time picking colors lately.

I am at 27 weeks. Next Monday I officially start the third trimester. That means I officially felt terrible through the whole second trimester.

Sunday, I was out with the goats when I heard this deep roar come out of Alec. I saw him hitting the ground with a big stick and then I saw this BIG snake flopping around. He is the only one who has ever seen this snake and he has been trying to get it for a week or so. When he saw it, all he had was stick so he just beat the life out of it. I will post a picture next time we go to the library. I was so proud. I would have, personally, run away screaming.

No comments: