Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Off to Atlanta

We have seen billboards for a Tut exhibition and for the Terra Cotta Army exhibit (both in Atlanta) almost since we've been here. Finally got around to getting the very expensive tickets. Was planning on going on two different days, weeks apart, but got an email that they goofed up and we needed to see the Army one sooner. OK--this is how is turned out. Tomorrow, we are driving two hours to Atlanta and finding parking downtown and then going to see the Tut exhibit at 1:00. Then we are going to drive or walk to the other exhibit, also downtown, and see the TC Army at 4:00. Then we will drive two hours to get home. I am dreading this so much. I will pay any one's plane ticket to fly down here today and take my kids so I don't have to go. I think that would be a lot normally, but in my delicate state, this is gonna be a challenge. The kids are so excited about it, but I am dreading it.

My plan was to really take it easy today so I am up for it tomorrow. I am trying to take off another section of ceiling popcorn ever day, so I need to do that. Also need to do laundry. Also want to get back to Lowe's to try to pick other paint colors, because I can't seem to decide on the bedroom color. But, I think that is it. Oh, I need to stop at walmart, too. That's all--not like I am gardening or something really hard. This is the day the fence should be complete. They are all breaking out in rashes from something. I think there are weeds affecting them, but the wood also smells weird--very chlorinated smell. Freaky. We will probably looks like blotchy freaks in Atlanta.

The woman is coming back to retag Toph the puppy this weekend. I posted ads on craigslist again and on a home school loop. Two of the three that are gone went to homeschoolers. Next Monday, I will take the to the county shelter. Mama kitty still has not had babies. I am amazed I was so far off. The plan for them is to get everyone altered and keep them all. There is a shelter here that will neuter a cat for $25 and a spay isn't much more.

Cancelled my guinea fowl order. I realized I needed to stop trying to move ahead so quickly. Also pulled back on some things I had planned to plant. The garden is all planted now and what comes up, comes up. Only planted one variety each of melon, watermelon and pumpkin.

Ian and Ev are done with school. Ad is close behind. Alec still has a fair bit. I finally finished the school albums from last year and the goal is to complete this year's pages Saturday when I go to scrap. That would just thrill my heart.

No comments: