Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Weird Life

The puppies and Lenny are gone. Enough about that. Toph is in the original goat pen, with a little carrier for a bed. The turkeys are out in the dog kennel (with Beulah constantly circling around it). One turkey looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame and one has one eye. Not sure what happened with it. I used to be able to open the lid and see the eye but it has grown shut. I find a one-eyed turkey kind of funny. That one might be a keeper. Waiting to figure out who are the boys and who are the girls.

Not feeling great--just slow and pregnant and weird. Bought some herbal iron supplement--is supposed to be much gentler than iron pills. I am not even sure if I need it, but I thought maybe that is why I feel so tired.

Did I mention everything from our bedroom is in the living room, including the bed? Weird life.

I also have a litter of kittens in my bathtub. Again, weird. One kitten will not nurse and mama keeps pushing it away. I assumed it would die and I was actually not going to intervene for once. Tonight, one of the kids said there were only three kittens in the tub. Oh great. I sent the older boys to look everywhere for it, worried she might have shoved it in a closet, or something, to die.

Are you with me so far? They told me they could not find it, but later I found mama WITH that kitten in my closet. Then I found her later with two in there. So she wants to move to my closet. Normally, that'd be fine, but we are going to be tearing it apart soon, so it won't work. Now she and I are fighting over where she is going to stay with the kittens. And my children got a talking to for not finding them in such an obvious place. I told them to look in all the closets, but they figured I meant look in some of the closets. Weird life.

No comments: