Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday, it is--is there a Ball Game On?

What a funny day. Full of things that made me know God was working on me. We went to the church Ron Hamilton goes to. He is Patch the Pirate. My kids have gone to bed listening to him for years.

Got there and had to find the nursery because Lily had pooped. If there was ever a church that needed to either build or split in half, it was this one. Packed full of folks. OK, so find my way to the nursery and change her, except between diapers being under she SHE PEED ALL OVER HER VERY VERY CUTE DRESS, STOCKINGS AND BLOOMERS. And onesie. I keep the diaper bag out in the van. So I ask the very nice ladies to hold my now naked besides her diaper baby. I was laughing like a loon because it was so funny and I felt like such a dork. Found Dan and he ran out and got the change of clothes for her.

The service was great--the music was unbelievable. It was beautiful and Mr. Hamilton (who is the music leader) was so excited and joyful about it. Oh, it was just wonderful. We met him afterwards--he was so gracious and patient. It was just wonderful. We might go back in two weeks when the pastor finishes the message he started (it was called "Stuff about Satan"--funny name, but it was good). The church is 45 minutes away--we have to try harder to find a closer church first.

After church we went to the home of a crazy gal I scrapbook with. She invited some other folks too and it was a lot of fun. Another mom who had five kids (three boys and then two girls) and is in my lame home school group and then another scrap booker. Very nice ladies. The mom was a couponer and was trying to explain some things to me. I can't believe I would try this now, but I found such a good website to help me and I am going to give it a try. I can't believe how much money I save when I do it. I am just trying to start slow. Anyhoo, we had a great meal and good conversation.

Home and Alec and I went out to get a paper and go my CVS shopping. I will spare you the details, but it was a comedy of errors. After such a nice day I came home so stressed out and irked. Trying to chill back into happy land and get a good night's sleep so I can hit the ground running. We have something happening every night this week. And Saturday--sometimes more than one thing. I hate that!!!!

Hope you have a lovely week.

No comments: