I keep meaning to blog, but there seem to be so many things to talk about, I can't decide where to begin.
Well, our turkey laid her first egg. We are just tickled about this. The thought of being able to hatch out our own turkeys is awesome. So much more bang for the buck meat-wise than chickens. I think we also decided to increase our chicken flock this year so we can sell enough eggs to cover our feed bill for them. I think that is what we decided.
Adam and Evan are trying to see how high a tower they can build with their Jinga game. And they are working together. Beautifully. Taking turns. No fussing. Oh my--it is music to my ears. Too rarely heard.
Alec asked me to buy buckwheat so he can make his own malt. We do weird stuff.
Tonight is shopping night. I am going to three drug stores and three grocery stores. At one store, I have $25 worth of coupons, most of which are being stacked with buy one, get one deals. Yesterday, I bought five packs of diapers online (free shipping) for half of what they'd have cost at Walmart. It took a coupon, a code and a rebate to get it, though. That was a $25 savings--the savings are great but the time spent is nuts. I am getting it so much more than I did just last week and I am sure I will get my groove down soon. But still.
Lil has had two horrible nights. Teething. Joy.
Alec has been building a shelter outdoors out of branches. He wants to go camping and build his own shleter. Dan is SOOO excited. Not. I told Alec he needs to practice a lot at home first.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment