Not really, but Friday is our different day. No regular school and we do field trips or projects. Today was not quite that, though. We went to the library and a few thrift stores. The two by me are terrible. I am going to have to branch out. The Goodwill was selling jeans for $7.25!! I can buy them at Walmart for $8, new. And some of the used ones were Walmart brands. I did find Adam one pair of jeans for $3 at the other store, but that was it.
Last night, however, I hit thrift store heaven. I was at a make-up bible study (with two women who hate Beth Moore and griped about her the whole time) and my friend who leads it mentioned they were having a thrift sale at the church this weekend and I could look around. ARE YOU KIDDING?! Talk about a pre-sale. It was all for me! I got a couple of lovely green bowls. Outfit for Lily. A Kenneth Cole purse that I love, a bunch of DK Eyewitness books. A popover pan for Dan who, for some weird reason, loves popovers. Do you know how expensive a popover pan is? Box of canning jars. Pretty light blue sweater for me. Three pairs of shorts for some lucky kid. A necklace for myself even though I never wear them. A Boppy for Lil. Copy of The Screwtape Letters and some other books. Water bottle for the gym. Can't even remember what else, but that was all for $14.
My friend thought she locked her keys in the church so I took her home. Turned out she dropped them in one of my bags she helped me carry out and I figured it out after I got home. Bummer. Will drop them off tonight, as Lil and I are going to a potluck at someone's house tonight. We will be discussing sprouting for health. Probably. I am bringing baguettes and honey butter. Dan is taking the males to the Planetarium. No idea of what is for dinner but popovers are for dessert.
Latest coupon score was a bunch of dollar off coupons for Stoneyfield yogurt that is a dollar at Walmart. Let me save you the math--that makes it free.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment