Friday, March 19, 2010

Rough Night

Ian had a hard night--he dreamt that Alec died. I think he felt better talking to him this morning.

Lily was up a couple of times. There were coyotes close with their freaky whine and the dogs were going nuts. Evan was sleeping in my bed (they are taking turns while Dan is gone) and he started yelling at one point. I told him to stop and he said, "Yes, mom." This morning he thought it was so funny that he talked to me in his sleep.

I gave Lily something called a yogurt melt this morning. It is a baby food that is supposed to dissolve easily. Poor thing--it got stuck on her tongue and just gagged her. I guess we stick to purees for awhile longer.

The men are staying at Crazy Margie's house tonight. They leave at 7:00 tomorrow night and get to Atlanta at 10:30. That means at bedtime, we will be leaving for Atlanta. And getting home about 1 a.m. or so. Yuck. Will be so nice to have them home. Sunday will be a day of recovery. Then we will start thinking about all the spring chores.

While I was reading though the Erickson Family Times, I was struck by how close I seemed to be with Ruby during that time. I don't really remember it that way but we were very involved in each other's lives. I think you all know about how we had invited her to live with us when she could no longer live in her home and how she agreed and then changed her mind after three frantic weeks of getting ready for her and how she had someone else call to tell us and how she blamed it on me. Yeah. Things were very different after that and it is a shame but that is how I will remember her.

The guys are going to the cemetery today while they bury her.

No comments: