Lily is giving me those big open mouth kisses. Man, I love that. I ask for a kiss and she opens her mouth and leans toward me. Today, she did it on her own. LOVE THAT.
Yesterday, Dan fixed the riding lawn mower that was in terrible shape and I gardened with Alec. We amended some of the soil and then put cardboard down, with just tiny rows for seeds. Adam put the seeds down. Cilantro, carrot and spinach. Never got around to the lettuce. Also, put down onions. Hopefully this garden will be a success. You might remember last year's disaster and the year before we didn't have one because of the move. It is time for a garden.
We also put created a herb garden. Bought the plants and put down the huge pieces of cardboard that my painting came in from my cousin. Just cut hole big enough for the plants and then mulched around it. Ian is expecting pesto this fall, so here's hoping. Also planted a nice rhubarb plant, but they don't do well down here, so that might not work out. But I get an "A" for effort. It won't be because the soil isn't perfect or it had to compete with weeds. No sireebob.
Needless to say, I am very red, and very sore. Went to the gym yesterday morning, so it is a toss up as to what caused the upper back pain.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment