Mimsi, the turkey, seems ok and is setting on the eggs. The three eggs I left her when I assumed her death was imminent. Nobody was sitting on the eggs in the hen house. My good setter is being mama to a little chick, so someone else would have to be in the mood. This does not thrill my heart, but I am glad Mimsi is still alive.
I ordered baby chickens and turkeys to come this summer. I am helping a bowling mom get started with chickens. I told her I'd order with her and keep her few with mine until they are bigger. We decided to increase the flock and sell eggs to cover the cost of their feed. I ordered, once again, several special kinds I have struggled with keeping alive to adulthood. Buff Laced Polish, Blue Andalusians, Lakenvelders and Egyptian Fayoumis are some of them. Also ordered more Bourbon Red and Royal Palm Turkeys. Going to try to raise up more turkey girls. As far as meat goes, I would much rather butcher small turkeys than chickens. More meat for the work.
The men up north went to Betty's Pies for dinner. They wrapped up some odds and ends and Alec worked on school. Dan is giving the eulogy tomorrow and Alec is reading a bible passage--not sure what, exactly. They are setting things up tonight. Visitation starts at 1:00 Duluth time. They went in to the Lutheran church Dan's parents were married at earlier tonight. A beautiful old church downtown. The woman who was there knew Ruby, which was interesting considering they didn't go to that church. I guess living in Duluth for 70 years, lots of people are going to know you.
Crazy Margie was telling me about her eldest daughter's recent hospital stay for an appendectomy. There were two incidents with medications that would make you never want to get sick again. Yikes. She also told me I sounded so flighty she thought I was drinking. HaHa--drunk with together time with children. Making me loooooony.
Three more days to go.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment