Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh Good, New Day

I keep thinking about how every difficulty I face is one God decided I could handle. So, I keep trying to handle. Because God thinks I can.

We were outside yesterday when I noticed my girl turkey, Mimsi was limping. On further inspection, her wing was sort of hanging low. We finally caught her and realized she had a major injury. I looked like something slashed at her. Or maybe her wing got caught in something and she pulled it away. She has a gaping wound. I really didn't think she could survive it--looked terrible. I left her some eggs and took some to the hen house, in hopes someone will set on them. Just went out to check her and she is setting on the ones I left. She seems alert. She was eating yesterday. I don't know. Hope she makes it but I don't think there is anything to do to help her.

Later, when we went out to do chores, we could not find Salami. Turned out he was hiding or stuck between the tarps inside their shelter. That was a tense few minutes.

Alec's eye is swollen. Did I mention that? I hope it goes away before the funeral. Which is Thursday, did I mention that?

Bowling this afternoon and then we are going to Ev's bowling buddy's house (the Lutherans, if your keeping denominational track). We will have dinner there. She knows I am struggling. I called her before I told the kids about grandma. I told her I needed her to pray for me. Right now. And she did. Good friend.

No comments: