Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's for Dinner?

The other thing I am working on this month (well, February) is organizing recipes. I prefer to shop to fill the pantry and be able to choose what to eat daily instead of making a plan for a week. The problem is I can't think of anything to make half the time. I have an index card that reminds me in the morning to decide what is for dinner and I write it up on my kitchen chalkboard. I just have a terrible time thinking up something.

The idea I came up with morphed from something I read at a blog called Like Mother, Like Daughter. What I am doing is making up a list of all the meals we ever, ever eat and typing them out on an full sheet of paper for each one and then putting it in a plastic protector in a 3 ring notebook. I'll also put side dish ideas on the page. Even things like hot dogs--I'll list everything I need for them and side ideas. Then I can just flip through that for inspiration. Also, that should help me keep the freezer and pantry stocked well. At least that is the plan. I have a list of about 75 meals so far and am going to start typing them into the computer. I would like to have about 100 dinner ideas. That shouldn't be too hard. I want a variety so I can work with whatever meat I happen to have in the freezer.

So, there you have what will be keeping me busy in February.

No comments: