Thursday, January 7, 2010

Four Day to Go?

I don't know. We are shooting for being done by the end of this weekend. Four days doesn't seem like much. I think the bathroom vanity should go in tonight. Then I can start putting stuff back in there. He is working on the ceiling in our room. It is a mess. I don't know.



Met with a trainer last night--you get two sessions with one when you join the gym. I thought it was to just show you how to use equipment, but she made a routine for me that she said I should change every so often, which would require me to pay more. Ha. As if. We just worked on my tummy and lower portions. Tomorrow we will work on my arms. I am going to try to get over there today because she said if I did the treadmill or some other cardio thing, I might not be as sore tomorrow morning. Because you know two days after is when it really hits. Scary. Took advil last night. Actually feel fine today, which is weird because I really "felt the burn" working out. Felt the burn. That is funny.



Today, I get to take the older two to close and open accounts. Joy. I need to get to the gym and get milk. Also have bible study tonight. That's all.



The Where Stuff Is notebook reminded me I hate having so much stuff. It is almost like recording everything you eat. There are some things it is hard to see in black and white.



On a totally different note: My mother had a brother who killed himself years ago. I think before I was born. He had two kids. We never had contact with his wife or kids. I had wondered about them. Aunt Marie gave me the addresses of the kids a few years back. I wrote them both. No response. Decided to look for them on Facebook. The son is on there. I am sure it is him. Right age, grew up in Vermont, retired Army. So, I sent him a note explaining briefly who I was and how we were related. He wrote back and said, "OK, just how are we related?" Well, JUST LIKE I SAID. Your father. My mother. Siblings. Duh. Pretty sure that relationship isn't going anywhere. Don't know why I try.



Well, yeah, I do. We have so little extended family. I feel bad the kids don't have that. And we are outside the close circle with any of them. You know, like Aunt Marie--the kids love her and we would have a closer relationship with her, but she has her kids and grand kids who are her close family. We are outside of that. Her energy goes into those relationships. We don't get invited to family things. Holidays. We're extended extended family. It's nobody fault. It just is what it is. Hopefully, it will be different with the next generation. I just remember when we were visiting Aunt Marie. She was very mother-y to me while we were there. Now, it drove her daughter crazy when she did it to her, but I thought it was grand. I'm not used to that feeling, and frankly, it was nice.



Have I whined about that before? Because this whine seems familiar. I know finding some long long cousin isn't going to change things. I should let it go. I think that is why I get into genealogy. Like I am saying, SEE?? We have family. See?? Look at all those names. They belong to us. Silly. Silly, Silly, Rena.

On with the day.... Good luck out there.

No comments: