Friday, October 16, 2009

Day ONE

Got up early and went to The boat to take us to Fort Sumter. It is an island--free to go into but he boat ride must have cost us $60 for everyone. Alec thought it was the bees knees. I gave Adam my camera and he took 60 pictures. Remember when you actually had to pay for every picture you took??

We went to a seafood place called Shem Creek Bar & Grill--someone had mentioned it to Dan.I ate clams and crab cake and red rice and fried okra. I was proud of Alec--he is getting more adventurous--he loved the clams and had crab cakes, too, and tired my okra.

On the way back, just over the big fancy suspension bridge, after I thought to myself what a bad neighborhood we seemed to be in, we go a flat tire. Seriously. So Dan got new tires while the kids swam in the hotel pool. I think we are off to Battery Street after the kids get out of the huge whirlpool tub in our room. We got a really neat room with lots of room.

No comments: