Monday, September 14, 2009

Off with a Bang

Mondays--always bang or bust. Called the doc this morning to get Ian in--I thought he had an outer ear infection (swimmer's ear). They got us right in, so off we flew. I was right about the Dx. Sat at Walgreen's for 20 minutes before they said their computer wasn't working to put him in the computer so they couldn't fill the Rx. Good grief. They had called it in so I didn't have a paper Rx to take somewhere else. Still waiting to hear we can pick up the ear drops. Home and have done school with Adam and Evan together (reading about pilgrims and looked at a fire ant under a magnifying glass), Ian and Alec each alone (still working on 1984 with Alec and reading Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with Ian--totally different from the movie). Just put Lily down for a nap and trying to decide what to do next because the schedule is all shot to heck for the day.

Yesterday, we went to church at Bob Jones University. Adam kept calling it Bob Jones Anniversary. Their chapel is mega church size--HUGE! If you have a child under 5, you get sent to the balcony. A women with a toddler making noise got kicked out!! In a nice Southern Baptist way, but still. There were only a couple other families there--apparently they don't encourage you to go there if you are not affiliated with the school. Lil made it through the whole service. They mentioned you could stay to eat afterwards, so we decided to do so. Wow, was that an experience. There is the big dining hall for the college students and then one next door for "others." It was PACKED! I couldn't figure out where they people came from. I know people like to go out to eat after church, but this was gross cafeteria food and it was expensive! I think Ian will not consider going to Bob Jones for school solely based on the green bean casserole.

I am happy with the decision to move Ian downstairs but I dread the process. We are getting nowhere on the house right now. Dan has so much school work with the older boys after work and every weekend this month had a commitment. Frustrating. I seriously do not even know where to start with moving Ian. Help. I need about three servant girls like the Proverbs 31 gal had.

No comments: