We had a nice family from old church over last night--their kids are about 7, 4 and 1.5. They are the Floridians. They grew up in cities and just had a house built on 20 acres. They totally downsized, like we did at our last house. She is just getting started with home schooling. She is dealing with issues and choices I have dealt with also and it is funny to see her have almost an identical path. Does everyone go through the same stuff? I thought I was unique but I guess not. Some times I would just tell her flat out this or that path is not worth the effort, but other times I realize she has to walk it herself.
Lily slept eight hours last night. My wrists and elbows are killing me and I was awake a lot in the night but I didn't get her up. It would be just perfect if we both slept all night. We are putting her bassinet in the laundry room, right by our room at night. It helps me to sleep because I don't hear her stir and apparently it helps her also. I REALLY want a room for her, but I can't come up with a way to provide her with one. I am not willing to take away one of the boys' bedrooms that we just gave them. I also don't want to burden a boy with a baby in their room. I don't want to share a room with a baby, so why would they? The only room I can think of is my craft room (it is already pink!) but it is downstairs and I don't know where I would put all that stuff!! Maybe I could stick it in the den somehow. Hmmmmm...help Rena think this through, will you? I know Queen Bertha the Crafty will give me some advice. She is like me, in that we just keep hitting a problem until we get it solved. I don't know when life got so darn complicated that it needed so much solving. Oh, the other bad thing is there is no window in the craft room. If it were bigger and had a window, I might replicate one of the boys' bedrooms in there and give her a room upstairs. It is a tiny room.
Anyhoo, we went for a Nature Walk (when did it stop being called a walk and become a Nature Walk?) Friday at the nature center that has the planetarium. They had a pond filled with Lily Pads with blooming lilies and a bunch of turtles. The kids enjoyed it.
Have a bunch of computer junk to figure out and need to figure out the plan for the kitchen, so that will probably be tomorrow. Might as well take off school since Dan is home.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment