Tried to write on the road home but Blogger had issues. Lily screamed about two of the three-something hours home. Good times.
The conference was good but I've read so much of their stuff, there wasn't really anything new. They try so hard to convince everyone to get rid of their TV's, but hardly talked about the internet. Seemed weird, but I remembered they work in the computer industry. Go figure. Our Lutheran friends went also and I look forward to hearing more about what they thought. We left right away to get home to do chores.
The mother did talk about the best use of our time and I was convicted about how much time I have been on the computer lately. I struggle with that and then get control over it and then fall again. Started this time when we got the good internet connection and I was sitting around being pregnant. I am going to take an internet vacation--might start Monday and go through October, since we will be on vacation from school anyway. Why is it easier to completely stop something than be moderate about it?
Alec enjoyed the conference but I haven't talked to him much about it yet. They had one talk for young people about starting your own business and another about evangelizing.
Yet another possessed animal story: Our eggs we'd put under a broody hen hatched. All the hatched out eggs were there but NO chicks. No chick residue either. Good grief.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment