Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring???

It is supposed to be 88 today. It is 60 now, before 6 a.m. That is not spring. That is summer. I do not want summer right now. Please come back for a visit, spring.

Up early to get school graded and prepare for the week. Didn't go to the gym, but realized I actually could have. I figured I'd be too sore, but I feel ok. We hiked about five hours yesterday to a waterfall. It was a nice one. The best ones are the ones where you can wade around in the water, which we could do at this one. Thankfully, since our feet were ready for a break when we got there. I told Evan I was so proud of him because he never complained. He told me, "You didn't hear me talking about the terrain." Funny to hear a six year old say "terrain."

I still have rosemary and several HUGE lavender plants to get in the ground. We will switch morning and afternoon schedules so we can work in the morning. Will do our school time together and then when Lil naps, we will work outside and then do individual school later, when it is 88 degrees outside. ADDENDUM--it is already over 90 at 12:40.

Didn't go to church yesterday. Still looking. Easter is like Christmas for me--not any holier than any other day. It is funny to think about the Catholic traditions that Christians eschew and then the other ones they follow without question.

No comments: