Of a baby who woke up too soon from a nap. She screamed at me all through dinner, but afterward I put her back to bed. Not a happy baby. Yowzer.
Today is Ian's 12th birthday. He gained 16 pounds and 4 inches this year. His feet are as big as mine. He is only five feet tall, but I am sure he will be passing me before I know it. He mentioned he was amazed that in three years he could get his learner's permit. Oh, we laughed over that. We explained that as long as he has swords fight with himself with the knives while emptying the dishwasher, he is never driving or hunting or mowing the lawn or anything fun. Ya know what I'm saying??
He got the steel toed work boots he wanted and a new camera (his third--I explained if he would quit breaking them, he'd be able to get something else neat for a gift!!). Few other things. We went to a beach about 40 minutes away. He got to use the kayak he won at a Pheasants Forever kids' day a few years ago. First time we got it in a lake for him. They all took turns and had a good time. I got a little baby inner tube for Lily, which she enjoyed. It was a fun time. We all like the beach.
The played Wii in the afternoon. I made him a Baked Alaska for his cake. It was OK. Not great, but it worked. My timing was off while putting it together, which is pretty typical of me lately.
Tomorrow is just another day. Garden tending, etc.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment